What could be better than a delicious authentic Italian bruschetta to enjoy in the sun? This classic combination of flavors is delicious and will please everyone, bar none!
- 6 ROMA tomatoes, diced (1 1/2 lbs);
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped;
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped;
- 1 tbsp. Olive Pressée dark balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. Olive Pressée extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt;
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground;
- 1 baguette;
- 3 tbsp. Olive Pressée basil infused extra virgin olive oil;
- Olive Pressée Dark Balsamic Vinegar, to taste (see note);
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shavings (skip this ingredient for a vegan recipe)
- Core the tomatoes and cut them into cubes. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl.
- Finely chop the basil and the garlic cloves and add to the tomatoes.
- Season the tomatoes with 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently to combine the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place the rack in the center of the oven. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the baguette into slices about 1/2 inch thick and place them on the baking sheet.
- Brush the slices with basil infused extra virgin olive oil on both sides.
- Bake the slices for 5 minutes at 400˚F and then broil for 1 minute until the croutons are golden brown to your liking.
- Place 1 tbsp. bruschetta on the crouton and sprinkle with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and parmesan shavings.
Olive Pressée dark balsamic vinegar is naturally thick and smooth. It therefore replaces the balsamic glaze and does not need to be reduced.
Store the bruschetta in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks in an airtight container.