Want an extraordinary side dish? Sweet, savory and easy to make, this casserole is perfect to accompany your favorite comfort food.
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces;
- 340 grams Brussels sprouts, halved;
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped;
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper;
- 1 tbsp Olive Pressée organic red wine vinegar;
- 1/2 cup fresh red apples, peeled and diced;
- 6 dates, pitted and cut into chunks.
- Using a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon. Reserve the bacon and leave the fat in the pan.
- In the same pan, add the Brussels sprouts and cook face down for about 4 minutes till brown and crisp. Stir and add garlic, pepper and the red wine vinegar. Cook for another 3 minutes to crisp them up even more.
- Add the apples and dates to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Put the bacon back in the pan and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve!