Simply perfect to accompany your summer evenings with friends, this goat cheese and pecan salad with its balsamic dressing and fresh figs is refreshing and delicious.
- 1 cup of fresh figs, quartered;
- 3/4 cup Olive Pressée plain dark balsamic vinegar;
- 1/4 cup Olive Pressée fig infused dark balsamic vinegar;
- 1 tsp. honey;
- 1/4 cup Olive Pressée extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper;
- 5 cups of "spring" type salad mix;
- 4 to 5 figs, sliced;
- 2 ounces of goat cheese;
- 1/2 cup of pecans.
- In a pot, heat the figs, balsamic vinegar and honey over medium low heat. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and use a colander to strain the liquid into a small bowl, discard the figs.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to chill the dressing, about 5 minutes. Once cooled, add the oil, salt, pepper and mix.
- Assemble the salad and add the dressing.
Figs are in season from July to October.
Store the dressing in the fridge for a week in an airtight container.