This original vegan dressing made with hibiscus flowers is ideal to enhance your summer meals or simply to add something new to your menu!
- 3 tbsp. hibiscus syrup;
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped;
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped;
- 1/3 cup Olive Pressée red wine vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard;
- 1 tsp. coarse salt;
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. powdered hibiscus flowers;
- 2/3 cup Olive Pressée extra virgin olive oil;
- Combine the shallot, garlic, hibiscus syrup, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and hibiscus flower powder in a bowl and mix everything together.
- Gradually add the olive oil, whisking constantly.
For a creamier version, add 1-2 tbsp. plain yogurt.
For a sweeter version, add 1 tbsp. honey.
Store the dressing in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks in an airtight container.